Friday, July 31, 2009

Phew - finished!

The dress is finished - with time to spare! L collected her dress tonight, unfortunately things have been happening to work against her and she can't go after all! She is not happy about it but I have quite enjoyed making her dress and hopefully she will be able to wear it on another occasion.As with most things, it looks much better on but I was unable to get a photo of her wearing it. I will post one if I get the chance but flat hanging shots will have to suffice for now.

Tomorrow I will start work on Simplicity 2603 that I have cut out. I think I will leave the edges unhemmed, as it is a knit it won't ravel and I think it may hang better without stitching - we shall see.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Great dress - too bad it won't get worn immediately. However, it's always nice to have a formal dress in waiting just in case!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Great dress! I love the contrasting colors!