Well, for a start I was not too happy with the shape. The pattern picture looks much slimmer than the skirt is and I didn't think to check that beyond making sure it fitted round the waist and hips - and I had topstitched all the seams before I realised.
Also, I had a horrible 'bulge' at the bottom of my zip - seriously, I looked like a guy in drag! It was that bad! Now, after agonising over the instructions for the facing and fly (I knew I could do it my way but was determined to follow the pattern! Perverse, I know) I was so p****d off I almost threw it in the bin.
I had made the pockets and decided I wouldn't put them on because they weren't flattering on my substantial behind, and all in all the skirt was very plain and boring! What a waste of time!
However...today I decided to see if I could save it and at least wear it for a few months (I am on a weight loss programme so hope it will be too big in a few months anyway :-)). I spent an age unpicking my carefully sewn in zip - complete with bar tacks! - and taking off the facing. I found this silver funky zipper in my drawer and decided to make it a feature in the front, in an effort to make it a bit less 'plain'. After inspecting a friends denim skirt (that had cost her a fortune) I took note that it had just been zig-zagged at the hem and waist (no facing), so I whizzed round the waist on my overlocker that was threaded with cream thread from L's dress, and then decided to do the same with the hem.When I had finished and was pressing it I decided to stitch one of the pockets on after all - at the hem!
At the end of the day I am glad I saved this skirt, I hate to have to give up on a project. I am hesitant to make another one of these - shame.