Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Do you 'Stash' or 'Collect'?


Carolyn at 'diary of a sewing fanatic' has posted about her fabric 'collection'. Her post but a BIG smile on my face :-) I love how she is so proud of her cupboard (and more!) full of fabric. Fabric she has collected over the years, that gives her so much pleasure even while she isn't sewing with it. Her post really struck a chord with me. I love to stroke, fold, unfold, put together mini wardorbes with, match patterns to then change my mind about - my fabric! I even lie in bed at night when drifting off to sleep and plan what I will make with a certain piece! I never know when inspiration might strike - I have been known to stand behind the counter of my shop and 'sketch' a customers garment while they browse!!
While my 'stash/collection' isn't anywhere near as substantial as Carolyn's, her post made me realise that my fabric gives me great pleasure also - even if I am not sewing with it! And I am going to enjoy it on a regular basis. If, at some stage, I manage to make some of it into a real garment - even better. The only thing I haven't decided is...wether to call mine a 'stash' or a 'collection'!

3 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I am happy to see that someone else's fabric collection gives them as much joy as mine gives me!

Carol said...

I am thrilled to learn that I am not the only one who lays in bed at night and dreams up wardrobe plans. Call it a collection, give it the dignity it deserves!

kiltsnquilts said...

Ok Carol, collection it is! My problem is I always fall asleep before I get all my 'garments' made :-))