Thursday, July 22, 2010

Back again :-)

I'm back. No excuses, no promises :-)

I really want to make some clothes for Spring and Summer, and I would like to use fabric I already have - which shouldn't be difficult. A few dresses are on my list and I want to start with a knit dress to take away with me when DH and I go away in October to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary.
I cut out Butterick 4976 which I have had in my pattern stash for ages and never made. The fabric is a knit that I bought in a sale - I only paid about $3 for the roll which must have about 10 metres on it! So, it will be my muslin.

I will upload a picture of the 'good stuff' that I plan to make it up in. There have been a lot of reviews for various knit dresses and I like the idea of a wrap top but not a wrap skirt. Hopefully I will get round to making it up over the weekend.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

It was so nice to arrive home today and see your post.

Love the fabric and how lucky are you to have so much to play with. Looking forward to seeing your dress.